Posts for: July, 2018
Could you benefit from a visit to the eye doctor? Blurred vision, eye pain, sudden changes in vision, and other symptoms all warrant an eye appointment. The eye doctors at Brandon Eye Associates offer comprehensive eye care for the entire family in their convenient Brandon and Plant City, FL, offices.
When should I make an appointment?
It's a good idea to schedule an appointment with the eye doctor if you notice any of these signs:
- Blurry Vision: Blurred vision may mean it's time to update your eyeglass or contact lens prescription or might be a symptom of another problem. A number of diseases and conditions can cause the symptom, including diabetic retinopathy, cataracts, glaucoma, pregnancy, migraines, multiple sclerosis, and age-related macular degeneration. If blurred vision occurs suddenly or only affects one eye, call your Brandon or Plant City eye doctor immediately.
- Your Arms Aren't Long Enough: Do you need to hold books and papers farther and farther away from your face to see the print clearly? You may be suffering from presbyopia, a condition that occurs when the lenses in your eyes become less flexible due to aging. A pair of reading glasses or a switch to bifocals, trifocals, or progressive lenses will restore your ability to read the fine print.
- Eye Pain: Pain is never normal and should be investigated if it continues for longer than a day or two. Pain can occur if you have sinusitis, eye strain, dry eye, pink eye, a scratch on your cornea, glaucoma, an infection, optic nerve inflammation or contact lens irritation. Although eye pain isn't caused by a serious condition in many cases, it's important to schedule an appointment if you experience this symptom.
- Floaters or Sudden Loss of Vision: Floaters, flashing lights or the sudden appearance of a black spot in your visual field can be a sign of retinal detachment or a tear in your retina. Retinal detachment requires emergency treatment to prevent permanent vision loss.
- Headaches: Frequent headaches can occur if your vision begins to worsen. Although you may not notice any blurriness initially, headaches can be the first symptom that it's time to update your prescription.
Has it been a while since you've seen the eye doctor? Call eye doctors at Brandon Eye Associates at (813) 684-2211 to schedule an appointment in the Brandon or Plant City, FL, office.