Posts for tag: Dry Eyes
How your eye doctors in Brandon, FL, can help with dry eyes
Dealing with the discomfort of dry eyes? We can help! Here at Brandon Eye Associates in Brandon, Sun City, and Plant City, FL, our eye doctors offer a wide range of eyecare services, including dry eye treatment. Read on to learn more.
Dry Eyes: Causes and Treatment:
Dry eyes can either be a chronic condition due to inadequate tear production, or it can occur intermittently when you are in an air-conditioned room, on an airplane, riding a bike, or looking at a television, computer, or other device for an extended period of time.
Dry eyes can cause several symptoms, including:
- Red, stinging, burning, or scratchy eyes
- Mucus developing in or around your eyes
- Light sensitivity or problems with driving at night
- Tired or watery eyes or blurred vision
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, you artificial tear eye drops - which can be found over-the-counter - may offer some relief. However, for chronic dry eyes, it’'s best to visit your eye doctor, for they can recommend the best treatment to manage the underlying condition that is causing your dry eyes. Additional treatments can keep eyes hydrated by keeping tears from draining away as quickly, or by improving the quality of your tears.
During a consultation, your eye doctor may suggest:
- Medications to reduce eyelid inflammation, including antibiotics
- Eyedrops containing cyclosporine to reduce inflammation of your corneas
- Medications which stimulate tears, including cholinergics
Other treatments for dry eyes include:
- Closing or plugging your tear ducts to keep you from losing tears
- Special contact lenses for dry eyes
- Light therapy using Intense Pulse Light Therapy
- Meibomian gland therapy including MIBOFLOW
- Nutritional supplements to build tear film
Need Relief? Contact Us
To find out more about treatment for dry eyes and other eye conditions, call the eye doctors at Brandon Eye Associates in Brandon, Sun City, and Plant City, FL, today by dialing (813) 684-2211.