An eye doctor, also known as an optometrist, examines, diagnoses, treats and manages diseases, injuries, and disorders of the visual system, the eye, and associated structures. Optometry also allows your eye doctor to identify related systemic conditions affecting the eye. Optometrists will typically perform the following services at your visit:
- Perform vision tests to check for sight problems
- Check for eye diseases
- Prescribe glasses, contact lenses, and medications
- Provide vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation
- Pre- and postoperative care for those undergoing eye surgery
- Evaluating for the presence of diseases
- Promotion of eye health by offering various tips on eye health and care
When it comes to choosing an eye doctor that is best for you, take a look at your needs. One type of eye doctor is not always the best choice, but for your individual cases, the best optometrist should:
- Be recommended by your doctor, friends or family.
- Meet your individual needs and vision problems.
- Be someone you like and trust.
Preserving your eye health and enhancing your vision is the number one goal of your optometrist. Visit one of our office locations for an eye exam, and to receive proper care for the health of your eyes and vision from our eye doctor.
For more information about our eye doctors, call Brandon Eye Associates at (813) 684-2211.