How your eye doctors in Brandon, Plant City, and Sun City, FL, can treat dry eyes
Dry eyes can be irritating, painful, and red. You may have tried over-the-counter eye drops, only to find yourself growing more dependent on them to keep your eyes comfortable. There is a better solution for dry eyes. You need to visit your eye doctor.
The eye doctors at Brandon Eye Associates provide comprehensive eye care services including treatment for dry eyes. They have several convenient office locations in Brandon, Sun City, and Plant City, Florida to help you.
Dry eyes can be caused by several different factors including:
- A chronic medical condition affecting your eyes
- Staying in an air-conditioned room for a long period
- Flying in an airplane for a prolonged period of time
- Reading or looking at a television, computer, or other screen for an extended period
When you have dry eyes, you may notice:
- Burning or stinging in your eyes
- Redness, watery, or scratchy eyes
- Mucus forming in or around your eyes
- Light sensitivity or difficulty with night driving
- Tired eyes or blurred vision
If you notice any of the signs or symptoms listed above, it’s time to visit your eye doctor for dry eye treatment. Your eye doctor may recommend treatments which will keep tears from draining quickly or enhance tear quality.
Your eye doctor may also recommend medications which will:
- Reduce eyelid inflammation
- Reduce inflammation of your corneas
- Release or stimulate artificial tears
Additional treatments your eye doctor might recommend include:
- Closing or plugging your tear ducts to keep tears in place
- Contact lenses created especially for dry eyes
- Light therapy using Intense Pulse Light (IPL)
- Amniotic Membrane to heal the eye surface
- Nutritional supplements to help build tears
To learn more about treatment for dry eyes and other vision services, call the eye doctors at Brandon Eye Associates. You can reach them at (813) 684-2211 for Brandon and Plant City, FL, and (813) 213-0020 for Sun City, FL, so call today.