Dry Eye Treatment
Many patients suffer from dry eyes. In fact, dry eye is one of the most common reasons a patient seeks help from his or her ophthalmologist. Symptoms may include dryness, watering, scratchiness, stinging, burning, discomfort of the eyes and blurred vision. Left untreated, dry eyes can lead to damage to the ocular surface. In the past, the only treatment available for dry eyes was artificial tears. Brandon Eye Associates is proud to provide state-of-the-art treatment for these patients that far surpass previous options.
Treatment for Dry Eyes
Patients suffering from dry eyes finally have treatment available including:
- Artificial tears
- Punctal Plugs (prevents tears from leaving the eye).
- MiboFlo (treatment to improve function of the meibomian glands that produce tears).
- Intense Pulse Light (treats ocular rosacea and meibomian gland dysfunction which can cause dry eyes).
- Blephex (treats blepharitis which can contribute to dry eyes).
- Amniotic Membrane (helps speed healing of ocular surface irregularities caused by dry eye).
- Nutritional supplements including omega-3 essential fatty acids (to help build tear film).
Many patients are happy to learn that there are finally options to offer relief from dry eye.
Which Treatment is Right for You?
If you want relief from dry eyes, contact Brandon Eye Associates in Brandon, Plant City, or Sun City Center, FL, to find out more about dry eyes.
Call 813-684-2211 today to schedule a visit with an eye doctor.